1. Indian Air Force is conducting a commemorative trek to Tololing Heights in Aug 2018. It is one of the peaks in J&K area overlooking the National Highway 1D. The altitude is approx 15000 feet.
2. During the 1999 Kargil Operations, its recapture was one of the most important objectives for Indian forces. Directorate of Adventure, Indian Air Force had also conducted a Trek to Tiger Hill in the month of Aug 17. A total 54 serving and retired Air Warriors had taken part last year.
3. Presently, a group of approx 30 serving and retired Air Warriors are planned to participate in the subject trek. The trek is intended to rekindle the memories of participants who had taken part in the Kargil operations in 1999. Air Warriors who are medically and physically fit can apply on the specified forms available on IAF website. The selection of participants will be on first come first serve basis. Selected participants will be informed by email/ telephone and would be required to report at Leh on mentioned dates. At least three days acclimatisation will be done at Leh.
4. Keeping the spirit of its motto ‘Touch the Sky with Glory’, besides remembering the sacrifice of military personnel during the operations, this expedition also aims to promote adventure activities in IAF and respect and care for veterans.
5. The expedition is scheduled to be conducted from 16 Aug to 23 Aug 18. The participants need to report at Leh on first day and can plan their departure on last day.